Deloitte - Services Provider
Talent ID - Employee of the Year - Operations Manager Janine Richardson
Waiariki Institute of Technology - Emerging Leader (Finalist) Ricky Brackfield
Reflecting on the last 10 years (in an industry they had no prior experience) winning two of the more prestigious categories at this year’s Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards, was hugely satisfying for Wellington ex-pats Ricky and Kylie Brackfield - owners of Rotorua Drycleaners & Apparelmaster.
Ricky was quick to point out “this win is a team effort. We have a loyal and dedicated team who always put the customer first”. Certainly in the eyes of this year’s judges, getting things right the first time and then consistently delivering a quality product and service was paramount; claiming the Service Provider award is a clear indicator that Rotorua Drycleaners & Apparelmaster are doing exactly that.
Operations Manager Janine Richardson scooped up the Talent ID Employee of The Year. “Janine is a great role model – she leads from the front every time and it was great to see her hard work rewarded in this way” said Ricky.
Innovation was yet another box that got a resounding tick from an esteemed and qualified judging panel. True leaders in their industry, Rotorua Drycleaners & Apparelmaster have implemented RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chipping throughout their laundry process; just one of two laundries in New Zealand using this technology for linen and hard wearing workwear rental.
In particular the judge’s attention was drawn to the fact that Rotorua Drycleaners & Apparelmaster:
- has established three strong brands backed by quality products and superior service
- developed a dedicated team by providing: a stable, safe and enjoyable workplace environment, offering supportive and collaborative leadership
- offer employment opportunities in the community
- are considerate to the environment
- through a strong strategic focus and by keeping abreast of industry trends, Rotorua Drycleaners & Apparelmaster are consistently growing the bottom line
It was clearly obvious to the judges, that since moving from Wellington 10 years ago, Ricky and Kylie have put their heart and soul into this venture in order to see it succeed. And succeed it has!