Teamwork is at the very heart of everything we do at Apparelmaster and it’s our genuinely amazing people that help set us aside from the competition and make us the envy of our industry.
It is with great pride and pleasure that we are celebrating 25 years of having Bevan Broughton of La Nuova Apparelmaster on our team. Bevan is an all-round great guy and was recently recognised for his contribution, both to La Nuova as well as the wider Apparelmaster Group, when he picked up the “Local Legend Trophy at the 42nd Annual Apparelmaster Conference.
Everyone that knows or works with Bevan, knows well what a great guy he is and what a wonderful asset he is to the group. For anyone that wasn’t at the conference to see Bevan pick up the ‘Local Legend’ trophy, here is a little bit of what you missed about the man himself:
· Bevan is an individual who adds a lot of value, not only to the business he works with, but the group as a whole.
· He’s always happy to share information and opportunities – whether it be around Health and Safety, Audits, People Management and Leadership, Training and Development.
· Bevan is always keen to learn more about innovations and adopt new ways and technology.
· It would be safe to say that Bevan would be one of our group’s leaders when it comes to LEAN practices and he’s always been happy to peruse a few plants and give praise where praise is due and provide his thoughts on where there is room for improvement.
· He is never afraid to back down from the serious topics of Sustainability and Mental Health, he’s jumped through hoops every year to keep our Group represented at the Sustainability Business Council and he’s charged ahead with implementing a Well Being programme into the business.
· Bevan is a great sounding board for many in the group, an ideas man – the man behind The Rising Stars development programme, an early adopter of InStep Carbon and Sustainability Programme and one of the first in the Group to get the plant certified by AsureQuality.
On top of all this, Bevan still finds time to do stuff outside of work and is a devoted husband and proud dad to two kids with a busy schedule. If he’s not at work in Inglewood, he’s working in Whanganui or New Plymouth, or at a call out in Hawera to fix the token machine…..again, and if he’s not doing that he’s probably off helping at rugby, or watching rugby, or out having a coffee with a mate.
His list of ‘outside work’ contributions which make him a local legend includes:
· Coaching rugby teams – having coached both his own kids teams for a number of years – rugby and sevens, when they played and is currently managing the First 15. He likes to be a sideline referee too!
· Bevan was on the Board of Trustees for Tawhiti School where his kids attended.
· Bevan has spent many hours behind the scenes organising the Hawera High School Australia tour 2020 only to see that not go ahead for obvious reasons.
· He volunteered on the southern rugby club committee, attending most home games and cleaning up after the big nights (he was also the secret newspaper writer for Southern rugby club Sharkey’s every week during the season).
· Bevan moonlights as an MC for weddings, wedding anniversaries and most recently for the Southern Rugby Club Jubilee.
We’re genuinely honoured to have Bevan as part of the Apparelmaster family for the last 25 years and thank him for his amazing contribution to the Team and his community – Keep up the great work Bevan!