In an unprecedented move, two businesses have been handed the Supreme Business Award at the recent 39th Apparelmaster annual conference. Business owners, managers and team members from all over New Zealand gathered to celebrate in style at the awards ceremony at Rydges Hotel in Auckland.
Hotly contested every year, Apparelmaster businesses vie to take home the top award, and this year saw two outstanding businesses take the honours, Sincerity Apparelmaster from Matamata and Pryors Apparelmaster of Auckland.
The Supreme Apparelmaster Business Award is based on points awarded during the annual Apparelmaster audit. The audit measures current business performance and processes against best practice benchmarks across seven criteria:
- ‘The Apparelmaster Way’ - the business principles and philosophy that form the backbone of the Apparelmaster business
- Customer service - including customer survey results and spot checks at customers’ workplaces
- Management - including a current business plan with clear goals being in place and an up-to-date emergency response plan
- People (staff) - ensuring Health and Safety is a priority and there is a strong culture of teamwork and rewarding strong performers
- Plant and production - ensuring premises and plant are of a high standard and well-maintained
- Products and quality - making sure that the garments and other rental items which go out to customers are of a high standard
- Sustainable business - ensuring the business is doing all it can to minimise its impact on the environment, whilst also positively contributing to the community in which it operates.
Commenting on the award, Sincerity Apparelmaster Owner/Operator Allan Lambert said, “We are absolutely delighted. This is a real team effort. Everyone from our delivery drivers to our machinists perform brilliantly to make sure we provide our customers with outstanding service. We’ll be going back to Matamata to celebrate with all of our staff.”
Managing Director of Auckland-based Pryors Apparelmaster Brett Homan stated, “What a fabulous night it’s been for Pryors. Not only did we actively reduce our water usage and win an award in the sustainability category, but we also took out the biggest award too. Here’s hoping we’re back in pole position next year!”
Congratulations to runners up La Nuova Apparelmaster who held the top spot last year and will no doubt be working hard to get back there again!